Sr. System Administrator
Ultra Clean Technology
Hayward CA US 94545
# of Openings :
Job Type :
Regular Full Time
Career Level :
Job Description :
The VMware Systems Administrator is responsible for supporting and improving production servers, applications, and services for 24x7 operations. The scope of duties includes operating systems maintenance, performance and tuning, data storage architecture and administration, security, and automation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a wide range of system administration duties, including support of corporate enterprise applications, databases, laptops, servers and network equipment. Leverage the internal help-desk support systems and processes to ensure that IT issues impacting employees worldwide are quickly resolved.
- Proactively oversee the monitoring of all IT devices, applications and services using a combination of tools, including Microsoft SCCM, SCOM, Splunk, Solarwinds.
- Manage and troubleshoot networks as well as intranet and internet connectivity throughout the organization.
- Expert knowledge of VMware administration is required. VCP certification. Configure and setup servers and virtual machines.
- Expert knowledge on SAN/NAS/cloud storage technologies
- Manage Microsoft centric server environment
- Define, design and implement network communications and solution improvements.
- Propose and implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Coordinate network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing and servicing.
Job Requirements :
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Excellent customer service, communication and presentation skills. Able to present to C level executives
- Windows system administration experience, both server and desktop.
- Experience designing and managing networks.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, SNMP, Active Directory, SSL, VPN/Cisco Pix, IIS/SMS/WSUS, MS SQL, Cisco VoIP
- Experience with MS Exchange 2010/2013, Server 2008/2010/2012, BES, VMWare, Cisco, NAS and SAN.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Project management skills & problem solving skills
- Technical abilities appropriate to responsibilities
- Experience working manufacturing and factory floor issues
- BS/BA degree in computer science, information technology or an equivalent field.
- VCP (VMware Certified Professional) required
- MCP or MCSE beneficial
- Minimum 5 years of related IT experience.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)